Redefine Meat offers a refreshingly new and innovative take on plant-based meat. The brand celebrates the sensory appeal of preparing, cooking and eating Redefine Meat products, as if they were meat.
Following the successful launch in foodservice via chefs and restaurants, the team prepared the European retail launch with a video, different versions of the brand positioning and pricing and promotion options. The 5hellos method was chosen to understand the preferences among diverse target groups, using both 5hellos sessions and a large scale quantitative study.
“This research is very helpful to finetune our strategy, market by market - both in terms of pricing and communication. The outtakes are highly relevant.” – Senior Vice President of Redefine Meat
The research started with six 5hellos sessions (two per country). In total 30 consumers – both those who already eat plant-based meat and those who don’t – provided insights on the Redefine Meat brand and products.
Each session covered:
- Overall rating of the Redefine Meat proposition
- Discussion of likes and dislikes
- Rating on likelihood to buy
Prior to the sessions, participants completed a survey with 5 questions. Expert moderators Claudia (DE), Sylvie (NL) and Helen (UK) analysed these responses in advance, so they could focus on the relevant topics during the sessions.
Using the session outcome, the Redefine Meat team sharpened the proposition and the 5hellos team designed a quantitative survey among 600 UK consumers to validate insights, and test slogan and pricing options.
The5hellos team identified key take-ways and suggested actions.
- The Redefine Meat proposition is highly valued, and seen as refreshingly new in the market. Consumers wanted more information about the products themselves.
- Shoppers see it as a premium product with a higher pricing. With users of meat alternatives justifying the cost by attributing it to premium quality.
- Most people are curious to try - one slogan helped drive trial more than others.
Want to learn more about how 5hellos can help your company? Let's talk.