By registering with 5hellos as a panel member you agree that we use your data for our services. Your 5hellos panel membership and participation in surveys is entirely voluntary and may be terminated at any time at your request.
We will treat your data with care and only approach you for participating in market research or for panel-related matters. This means that we will never try to sell you anything and will not pass on or sell your information to third parties.
If you participate in market research in the form of a group discussion or interview, your name and any other personal information necessary for the research, such as gender, age and interests will only be disclosed to the people directly involved in the research. This data is for internal use only and will be destroyed after the investigation. No further personal details are passed on through which you as an individual can be recognized or approached.
Image and sound recordings are made of the interviews and focus groups in which you participate. These recordings are exclusively intended for reporting the results of the research and for internal use in the context of that research at the end client. The image and sound material will not be shown to people who have nothing to do with the purpose of the research. If we want to use images for marketing purposes - this will always be after a mutual agreement.
If you are a member of our panel you agree to the following rules:
● The information you receive during investigations is confidential and may not be passed on, forwarded, or commercially exploited;
● If you are personally connected to the client of the research (or are a direct competitor of the client) because you or someone in your close personal group works here, you must indicate this yourself. After consultation it will be decided whether your participation is accepted.
● The questions that determine whether you are eligible to participate in the study must always be answered truthfully. This also applies to the general information that we ask you to share with us when signing up.
● When admitted to a study, you yourself are expected to participate in the study (and not someone else).
● If you have been admitted to an study, but are no longer able to do so, you must notify us as soon as possible by calling us. If this is less than 24 hours in advance, we expect your active help in finding a replacement.
● Anyone can register for the 5hellos panel. 5hellos can temporarily stop the registration of new participants and / or refuse new members to register at any time;
● 5hellos and its representatives are not liable for damage resulting from participation in market research studies or from inability to participate.
● For every completed survey you participate in as a panel member, € 15.00 in shop credit will be added to your account. The sum of the saved amount is paid out every three months in the form of a Keuze cadeau kaart.
If you are late for an investigation, we reserve the right to completely deny your compensation.
If it appears (possibly afterwards) that you do not comply with the above rules, promised compensation will not be paid and / or compensation paid will be reclaimed. We will inform our clients of this.
Version: these rules were last modified on September 23, 2020.
This privacy statement applies to the processing of personal data of panel members approached by 5hellos, who participate in surveys organized by 5hellos, and visitors to the (mobile) website www.5hellos.com.
Who is responsible for processing your personal data?
Cnote, Albert Hahnplantsoen 18 1077 BM Amsterdam, is the controller responsible for the processing of your personal data.
Want to contact us?
You can contact 5hellos via
● e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
● phone: +31 20 21 57 485
● mail: Cnote , Albert Hahnplantsoen 18 1077 BM Amsterdam
What personal data do we process?
As a panel member you participate in market research. We organize market research for companies and organizations that want to know what concerns consumers and want to gauge the opinions of consumers. We do this through online panel discussions with panel members and through online questionnaires.
In addition, when approaching potential panel members, we process personal data. This may include the following personal data:
● your name
● your date of birth
● your telephone number and email address
● your gender
● recording of the sessions in which you participate
● answers to questions from market research in which you participate
● answers to screener questions in order to be able to approach you for participation in market research
● information about your interests and preferences
When your explicit consent is required for these processing operations, we will ask you in advance (for example in the case of processing data regarding your cultural background, health, religion and political preference) and only then process this data. You can always withdraw that permission.
One time participation
If you participate in a survey once, because you belong to a specific target group that is recruited through our client, we will delete the data within 7 days after the survey, unless you explicitly want to become a long-term member of the 5hellos panel.
For what purposes do we process your personal data?
Your personal data can be processed for the following purposes:
● to contact you by email to participate in market research
● to contact you by phone or Whatsapp to participate in market research
● to be able to report the results of those market researches to our clients
● to be able to report the results of the selection process to our clients
● to grant you access to our website and app in the future, whether or not based on your registration as a user
● to be able to pay you any fees for participating in market research
● to send you a newsletter, user information or service message
● to comply with our laws and regulations and to handle disputes
● to improve the quality, security and user-friendliness of our (mobile) website and to combat fraud
Your personal data will not be used for purposes other than those mentioned above.
What are the legal grounds of 5hellos for processing your personal data?
5hellos processes your personal data because, in the words of the General Data Protection Regulation, it has a "legitimate interest". This means that we may process your data because it is necessary for our business operations, as long as your privacy interests are not compromised. We also do that in the interest of our customers. If we need your consent for the processing of certain personal data, we will only process that data after we have received your consent and we will stop if you withdraw that consent.
Sharing your personal data with third parties
If you participate in market research as a panel member, your data, including sound and image recordings, may be shared with our clients. We only share data that is relevant for participation in the market research to which you have been invited and / or in which you participate.
Data processing in the Netherlands and abroad
Your personal data will be stored and processed in the Netherlands or in countries for which this is permitted under Dutch law.
When we use the services of third parties for the purposes stated in this Privacy Statement and these third parties have access to your personal data when performing the relevant services, we have taken the required contractual and organizational measures to ensure that your data is exclusively processed for the purposes described here.
We use functional cookies, which ensure that functions such as registration and login on the website can function properly.
By using social media cookies we enable functionalities of social media such as Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
We do not store your data longer than permitted by law, required by law and / or necessary for the purposes for which the data is processed. How long certain data is stored therefore depends on the nature of the data and the purposes for which they are processed. The retention period can therefore differ per purpose.
Your rights with regard to your personal data.
You have the right to request us to inspect which of your personal data we process. You can also request rectification or erasure of that personal data, or limitation of the processing of that data. You also have the right to object to the processing of your personal data and the right to portability of your data. To this end, you can send a message with your name and contact details to email@example.com. In your request you must specify as much as possible which personal data it concerns. We will respond to a request for inspection or correction request within four weeks. In case of a request for deletion, we will delete the relevant personal data as soon as possible, unless, and to the extent that the law obliges us to keep the relevant personal data or there are other urgent reasons that oppose deletion. We will send you a confirmation message after executing a request for removal. If we have not (partially) deleted the personal data concerned, we will send you a message in which we explain why your request could not be (fully) complied with. If we cannot or not fully determine which personal data your request relates to, we may ask you to specify your request further. We will then suspend execution of the request until you have provided us with the further specification.
You always have the right to submit a complaint about the processing of your personal data to the Dutch Data Protection Authority or to the court. More information about this can be found here.
Change and version
We can change or adjust this Privacy Statement. We therefore recommend that you regularly read this Privacy Statement for changes. This Privacy statement was last amended on November 29, 2021.